In the press, and more: A Richmond Heights restaurant waitress said she was ‘overwhelmed’ with a crowd of black patrons; after the police escorted the group out the restaurant apologized.
Richmond Heights Police explained on Facebook an incident that took place on Saturday, Feb. 9 at the Blue Sky Grill, when a waitress there said she felt overwhelmed while serving a large group of black patrons, and the police was called.
On Saturday evening, at about 8:20pm, Richmond Heights officers were dispatched to the Blue Sky Grill for a possible disturbance involving approximately 30 people. Due to the type of call, and the reported number of people involved, eight Richmond Heights officer responded.
Shortly after arriving officers found that there was no disturbance and that no crime had been committed. They found that there was a disagreement between a group of customers and the restaurant regarding the way they were being billed. Four officers went back into service after about 10 to 15 minutes and an eventual agreement was reached between the group and the restaurant.
Four officers remained at the restaurant and in the building because there appeared to be tension between the group and the restaurant staff. They remained to help bring calm to the situation.
It is important to note that the response of eight officers to this call is typical and based on the type of call and the number of people involved. Additionally, the police took no action except to be calm to a situation the developed between the restaurant and it’s customers.
- Atlanta Black Star — Missouri Restaurant Issues Apology, Returns Facility Fee to Black Patrons Who Were Escorted Out By Cops After Their Waitress Felt ‘Overwhelmed’
- Blavity — Cops Called On Group Of Black People During Birthday Celebration After Waitress Gets ‘Overwhelmed’
- Fox 2 — Highways close after icy roads cause accidents across St. Louis
- Fox 2 — Steak ‘n Shake executive explains St. Louis area restaurant closures
- Fox 2 — Man hosting birthday party at Richmond Heights restaurant alleges racial profiling
- Fox 2 — Family of illegal immigrant in sanctuary offer words of encouragement to mother of three detained and facing possible deportation
- Fox 2 — NAACP says owners of Blue Sky Tower Grill owe customers apology
- Herald & Review (Decatur, IL) — Maggie and Frank Fiock III (wedding announcement)
- KMOV — Sinkhole traps truck’s tire in Richmond Heights
- KMOV — Water main break closes Maplewood intersection
- KMOV — The secret to avoiding accident during snowy weather: good tires
- KMOX — SSM St. Mary’s Hospital nurse carjacked in Richmond Heights parking lot
- MRH — MRH Will Brunson Reaches 1000 points on “Senior Night”
- Riverfront Times — Here’s Where to Find the Best Sandwiches in St. Louis
- South County Times — Deann Myers Named Affton High School Principal For 2019-20
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch — Nurse is carjacked on parking lot of Richmond Heights hospital
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch — Man charged in armed robbery of Richmond Heights post office