The Maplewood Richmond Heights Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) team took first in the state competition in Rolla at Missouri S & T — for the third year in a row — and posted a photo of the team celebrating on Twitter.
Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) is an International program headquartered at the University of Illinois, offering the annual Academic Challenge competition, a summer camps and other programs.
Individual MRH award winners include (according to MRH):
- Biology – Samantha Schaffner third Place, Aaron Meuser second place
- Chemistry: Joseph Barron and Lauren Owens tied for first place
- Physics: Mia Rintoul, third place
- Math: Joseph Barron third place, Lauren Owens second place, Mia Rintoul first place
- Computer science: Henry Seymour third place, Stasya Juracsik second place
- Engineering graphics: Noah Kiernan third place
- English: Kadin Kristjansson third place