Six candidates ran for the three open seats on the Brentwood School Board. A new-comer took more votes than even two incumbents.
Lindsay Spencer, a stay-at-home mom with kids in the school district took the most votes, winning 23 percent of the vote. Spencer grabbed attention in the League of Women Voters forum by being the only one out of five candidates to favor teaching only evolution (“science-based”) in science classes. The other candidates supported teaching both evolution and creationism, when the question was asked.
Keith Rabenberg, an incumbent, long-time member of the board, took second with 21 percent. Daniel Brouillet, an incumbent with one year experience on the board took third with 19 percent.
- Keith Rabenberg (incumbent) – 20.5 percent
- Dannielle Joy Davis – 9.8
- Daniel Brouille (incumbent, served one year) – 18.6
- Lindsay M. Spencer – 22.6
- Cindy Watson — (not at the forum, a seat there for her) – 9.7
- Lois Truman – 17.8