On the hundredth anniversary of Armistice Day, this year, on November 11, the city of Richmond Heights will rededicate five streets named for Richmond Heights men who died in World Ward I, city attorney Kenneth Heinz has reported in council meetings recently.
The streets are Lile, Rupert, Goff, Gray and Winzenburg avenues. At 1 p.m. a commemorative street name, with the veteran’s full name, will be placed under the city’s street sign.
A ceremony at the Mid County Veterans Memorial on the grounds of The Heights will follow at 2 p.m.
- Richmond Heights Veterans Day ceremony: a resident reports
- Maplewood Veterans Memorial completed
- Veterans visit St. Mary Magdalen School
- On Veterans Day, WWII vet wears Army cap to The Heights
- Buzz cut for a 21-year U.S. Army veteran on Veterans Day