A Maplewood Richmond Heights parent at the Class 1 and 2 State track and field championship in Jefferson City has reported on Facebook that two MRH runners have advanced through preliminary heats to the finals.
Zach Barton is moving onto the finals in the 100-meter run, and Jayda Buchannan took 2nd in her 400m preliminary heat. She will run both the 400m and 800m finals on Saturday.
MSHSAA Communications Director Jason West reported on Twitter:
MRH state final qualifiers:
- Zach Barton, 100m dash – 11.12 (tied for second fastest qualifying time)
- Jayda Buchannan – 400m dash – 1:00.02 (fourth fastest qualifying time)
Brentwood state final qualifiers:
- Boys 4×100 relay (DeAndre Boykin, Joseph Clay, Justin Harris, Kaylon Jennings) – 43.99, (second fastest)
- Kaylon Jenkins – 400m dash, 50.00 (fastest qualifying time)
- Kaylon Jenkins – 200m dash, 22.52 (second fastest)