The ranking review website Niche has named Richmond Heights and Brentwood as numbers 12 and 13, respectively, as “Best Places to Raise a Family in Missouri.”
Schools, cost of living, crime statistics and housing were some of the things considered in the ranking, according to the website. See the list here.
Some of the comments from the site about Richmond Heights are below (see more):
- I love that I am really close to the Galleria and my school. Parking is reasonable and the property tax isn’t too bad considering I am still in the Ladue school district.
- I love my town. We all come together as one and it feels like a great home. It is well kept up and I love all my neighbors. It is so nice to come home to such a welcoming place.
- I feel very safe in the Richmond Heights area. There are many shops and restaurants within walking distance and a metro stop close by
- Have lived here quite a while. Unfortunately, over time, crime has become rampant in this area and police are overwhelmed. Along with our friends, we’re moving out as soon as we can to a safer, quieter neighborhood with a lot less drama.
- Great community with great people. The community is filled with caring people who watch out for each other. There is also tons of kids in the community to hang out with.
- This is a very clean and homey town. Everyone is welcoming and local businesses are absolutely booming.
Comments about Brentwood (see more):
- Brentwood is the St. Louis area’s best kept secret. It’s a wonderful, walkable, very friendly neighborly, and accessible with top-notch schools with high scores and small class sizes. Real estate is hot for all stages of life – young families, professionals, retirees. And you can get to the best St. Louis has to offer in 10-15 minutes. Our family is so happy here.
- I love the people around my neighborhood! It is perfect for my active lifestyle because of all of the sidewalks around. It is very safe for walking or running with my dog outside. The neighborhoods are clean with no visible trash. I love it!
- Brentwood is a great town. Right on the edge of the city, you get the best of both worlds. Plenty of parks and trails for people with kids and pets. Not always a ton to do in Brentwood, but it is so close to areas such as Clayton and Maplewood where there are a lot of events that take place.
- We have everything in Brentwood starting with amazing Brentwood’s amazing Early Childhood Center. My neighbors and the community is very supportive and child-focused.