The following information was supplied by the Maplewood Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Friday, March 21
- Maplewood Police took several reports of tax return frauds. Maplewood Police will be working in conjunction with the IRS regarding the frauds.
Saturday, March 22
- Police arrested a 21-year-old man in the area of Manchester and Big Bend on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
- Police are investigating damage to a vehicle, in the 7200 block of Lyndover Avenue. The window of the vehicle was shattered. There was no reported property missing from the vehicle.
- Police arrested a 26-year-old woman and a 27-year-old woman on suspicion of stealing approximately $234 in merchandise from a Maplewood Commons business.
Sunday, March 23
- Police responded to the 2600 block of Bredell for a reported disturbance. An investigation revealed two family members had been arguing. One of the parties voluntarily left the residence and no arrests were made or charges filed.
- Police arrested a 46-year-old man on suspicion of shoplifting merchandise from a Maplewood Commons business.
- Police arrested a 22-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman on suspicion of stealing merchandise from a Maplewood Commons business. The man was wanted by another agency for several felony warrants.
- Police are investigating an identity theft. Several checking accounts were fraudulently opened in the victim’s name. The report was filed in the 7500 block of Woodland Avenue.