It’s been 10 years since 40 South News first went online, in October 2013.
In that time more than 6,000 articles have been published on everything Maplewood-related. For several years, 40 South also covered Brentwood and Richmond Heights more extensively.
Of those articles, Maplewood historian, Doug Houser has published more than 430.
Everything in 40 South is searchable at the top left of the home page. As an example, below are some of the posts from the past 10 years, in no particular order.
- Maplewood officials OK Tim Hortons: 24-hour drive-thru included
- Going, going… Auto Plaza Ford is knocked down, hauled away
- Blind Tiger: 4 artisan pizzas: cuts the ribbon
- Live Juke Joint Piano Bar to open Wednesday
- Eater Magazine names Strange Donuts one of America’s hottest doughnut shops
- Side Project Brewing sets opening date
- MRH’s Biship no-hits Brentwood; Blue Devils win districts second year running
- Michael Brown protesters target Maplewood Walmart
- White Castle worker retires after 34 years: never got mad
- Farewell to Mayor Jim White
- Marty Corcoran honored for 36 years as Maplewood City Manager
- City leaders, then-MRH superintendent drove Maplewood turnaround: St. Louis Magazine
- Brentwood parking lots infamous in St. Louis
Articles by Doug Houser
- Maplewood History: A Rare Image of an Early Kroger Super Market
- Maplewood History: A Small House in a Shady, Clean Air Suburb
- Maplewood History: A Startling Glimpse of a Stertzing Past
- Maplewood History: On A Roll – A House, That Is.
- Maplewood History: A Look at Downtown Shortly Before the Demolitions Began
- Maplewood History: Newly Discovered Early Images of the Maplewood School
- Maplewood History: Dinky Streetcar by Billy Jones, Followed by a Veritable Cornucopia of Maplewood Streetcar Photos
- Maplewood History: Let Them Eat Art #1